Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We are loving the Summer Brights!


I am a self-confessed nail polish junkie. From a young age I have rarely been without a coat of something swashed upon each nail. I used to hit the chemist after Primary school and stock up on 50p polish in the most garish colours possible; orange, lime green, yellow, baby blue…my nails have seen it all.

Now my collection has reduced significantly and I have gone over to the dark side. I like to wear my nails short and black; I constantly get taunted for being a goth but I consider black a classy and chic colour. My current obsession is Chanel. At £14.50 a bottle it is pricey, but unlike cheaper brands it stays looking beautiful for up to a week and goes on streak free.

Apart from my ‘Black Satin’ I do own some colour. I picked up a vibrant coral and electric blue from Sephora whilst in Barcelona, the juicy colours were too tempting to leave on the shelf! And sources at Barry M have revealed that colour is hot this summer; bright colours look great with a tan and add interest to any outfit.

If you are too timid to adorn your hands with neon flashes, simply go down to your toe nails. On a night out I noticed that a couple of my friends had gone for the brights and the colour totally pulled together their entire look. This blue looks fabulous with the leopard print heel and red adds another dimension to the gladiator sandal; an easy way to change your look.

Written by Sarah Seren

0 comments: